In 2013, nine local businesses in La Grange received this prestigious award. These businesses include: Adamcik’s Appliance and TV Center, Brasher-Gunn Inc, Farmer’s Lumber Company, The Fayette County Record, Fitzpatrick Chiropractic, Lukas Bakery, Man’s D & Z, National Bank & Trust, and Prause Meat Market.
The Texas Treasure Business Award Program recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the State’s economy for at least 50 years. Created in 2005 by Senate Bill 920, the program pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Businesses can be nominated for this award by any elected state official or a business representative and must meet the following criteria:
- Have been in continuous for-profit operation in Texas for at least 50 years.
- Continue to operate the same or a very similar type of business as it did at least 50 years ago.
- Have a continuous record of employment for at least the past 50 years.
- Continue to operate as an independent, for-profit business (i.e., it cannot be operating as a subsidiary of or have been absorbed into another business)
- Maintain a good business relationship with the state.
Businesses that can also establish that they have been continuously owned by the same family or have operated continuously from a building that is at least 50 years old and have maintained its architectural integrity will receive additional recognition.
Click here to download an application form for this special award.